Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Brief Baby Update


Minus the almost three-year-old who is having a rough time adjusting to a new sibling, we are all doing pretty well. I'm pretty tired and the baby has had a hard time gaining weight. He's been monitored for a little bit of jaundice, but is doing fine now. He seems to be on the up swing in gaining weight, though he is almost a month old and still isn't up to his birth weight yet. We decided to start a little formula supplementation and that seems to help.

My c-section recovery has had it's ups and downs. When things are calm I'm doing great. When things are stressful with A.B. or with the family around, or the garage project, I'm a lot more tired and achy. I'm having trouble with my incision being really painful on one side right now. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what is going on. Hopefully it is just a sign of over doing it a little bit and not something more serious. It is painful enough at times, though, that I'm very glad I still have a few super heavy duty pain pills left, even though I can hardly function from sleepiness when I take them.

J's dad and my dad have been helping work on our new garage and that has been stressful to say the least. I dread every time someone says "I'm just going to run to the store to pick up something" because they come back with $50 of stuff. Multiply that by the 20 times they've been to the store and we've far exceeded our original budget. Anyway, I think I've made my peace with the project and will have a fantastic collage of pictures and videos to blog about in the next couple of weeks when the thing is finished! I think I'll have J write a blog entry about all the life lessons he has learned over the last several months of moving this project along. By the way, the people at the project desk where we bought the garage package asked me if I wanted to come work for them. I've been there so many times in the last few months to ask questions and clarify or get help on something that they just about know me by name. I've become pretty proficient at construction work even though the only physical thing I've done on the project is nail in a few nails. I've been too sick, too tired, too pregnant or too sore to do much of the manual labor part. I should have gone into construction management!

When I feel like sitting at the computer for more than five minutes I'll write up our birth story and post some more pictures of L on his baby blessing day.

5 comments:

museumeg said...

He is so sweet! I love that picture. I hope you get feeling better. Call me if you need anything or I will call you. And then I might wake you from a nap :)

Amy Lynn said...

What a sweet, sweet picture! I can't wait to meet him...you and baby William continue to be in every one of the prayers said in this house! You are a staple addition. Take it easy...you should be watching lots of movies, taking long naps, and letting people pamper you. I hope you c-section heals quickly...it is no fun! We are thinking about you though!! Wish we were SO much closer to help with everything.

I stinketh not!! said...

I love that picture, he looks so peaceful ( im sure its a rare moment) You are looking great. I can't wait to see more of him. Post some pics of the new garage, I'm always happy t see projects finished.

Lindsay said...

I agree with the advice to take it easy (yeah right!) But the best I've heard is:
Don't stand when you can sit,
Don't sit when you can lie down.
That's what we're about these days.

Little L. is so sweet. Hope you feel better soon.

Barney said...

Hi, Hermana Carr. This is Hermana Clark. How are you? Congratulations on your baby! So you had to have 2 C-sections. I had one with my daughter and freaked out too. Didn't like it one bit. I hope that your baby is gaining more weight and doing better. I will talk to you later.
Aimee