Monday, November 17, 2008

Today

Today I ate five servings of fruits and veggies, had plenty of water to drink, and have a clean sink. This is just a reminder to myself that even when I yell too much, eat too much, watch TV too much, and leave the laundry, scripture study and bill paying too long there are things that I am doing right. Tomorrow I may not have that clean sink again. Tomorrow I may not drink enough water. Tomorrow I will probably eat more than I should and neglect the laundry once again. But tonight I go to bed knowing that at least a few things are right in my world and that tomorrow I can try a little harder to do a little better.

5 comments:

museumeg said...

You are awesome! You must have felt so healthy that day! I love that approach too. Every night I like to tell me self that I did some good things today and I will try to do more good things tomorrow.

Amy Lynn said...

I love that perspective! I've totally adopted that perspective in my life and I can't tell you how it has changed my attitude not only about myself, but about the people and events around me. We need to be SO much kinder to ourselves and remember to celebrate all the small victories...especially with 2 small children in your house!!!

I stinketh not!! said...

Thats why you are so loved, You inspire me to want to keep going on the right track , even though I might fall a bit one day should stop me from reaching those goals. Thanks

Ambrosia said...

After the day I have had trying to hold it together, not lose it, dealing with monstrous behavior from 6 and 3 yr olds, having too much to clean and so forth and so on (cause there is more), reading your blog makes me breathe a great sigh of relief. THANK YOU. It puts life into such a hopeful and comforting perspecting to hear that the women you look up to-- the ones who know, love and strive to live the truth everyday-- still have to those real life moments.

I really needed this, I was just sitting here thinking that maybe I was the only person to experience the things I do. Your post was a comforting answer from the Lord, I believe. Now I need to go think what I did right today...

Christine said...

Oh, your post made me smile because so often I feel the same discouragements. I love that perspective - and that perhaps I'm not doing everything wrong and should find more joy in things I do right. Good to remember.