Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Contents of My Small Brown Purse

My husband says that I should occasionally take everything out of my purse/bag and make a list of everything in it...for my posterity...so they can see how much junk I carry. I think it is kind of a fun, clever way to capture a bit of my own personal history.

Since the contents of my diaper bag that I usually carry are extensive, to say the least, I thought I would record what's in my "kid-less" purse a/k/a the purse I carry when I have no children with me. It was the last bag I carried today.

  • Pink water bottle, half full
  • Package of Dentyne gum, spicy cinnamon (my favorite)
  • Package of cute striped note card from the $1 spot at Target. I think they are still there from a baby shower I went to last week that I never actually wrote a card for.
  • "Bright Tastiness" Weight Watchers coupon book
  • Check book with three checks left (the first check in the book was written almost a year ago for tithing; the last check was tonight for a weight watcher's meeting)
  • $20 bill
  • Weight Watchers pocket guide and daily food/activity tracker
  • Two napkins from Chipotle restaurant
  • Four receipts
  • Wallet including the following: driver's license, insurance card, credit card, debit card, "MasterInCharge" card, library card, blood donor card (B Positive), Sam's Club card, Borders Rewards card, New England Aquarium Membership card (expired), Price Chopper grocery store advantage card, current temple recommend
  • Cell phone (last phone call: my husband called me on his way to work the midnight shift looking for a phone number for someone in our ward)
So what stories does your purse tell?

6 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

My purse says that it desperately needs a good cleaning and that the person who owns it is not very organized. I actually reached for my cell phone the other day and stuck my hand in something gooey...I think it was chocolate. I think I can pencil in a purse cleaning sometime next week...

zippy said...

What a great idea for a post and personal history! I've also heard the it's a good idea to keep a photocopy everything in your wallet so that if (and hopefully never) you lose it or it gets stolen, you have all the important numbers at the ready when you need to call and cancel your bank card, credit cards, etc. Now I just need to actually get around do that! : )

Christine said...

You are so fun!
I recently won a baby shower game (I never win those) because of the contents of my purse. Apparently I can cram quite a lot into a very small space. People were laughing and calling it the Mary Poppins purse. :) Does it mean I'm amazing, or a pack rat? Maybe an amazing pack rat. It also means I need to clean it out again!

Kim said...

Thats a really funny idea!! Scott would love me to do the same so I would get embarassed and clean it out more often!!!!I have everything minus the kitchen sink and it weigh's like a 10 pounds!! I am shameless when it comes to cleaning out my bags!!!!

I stinketh not!! said...

WOW.. Thats alot of stuff. I change my purses way too often to keep much in em. I just have a wallet, keys I would say phone but thats always in my hand..and the newest pics of Baby Girl.. ( since i get new pics every week)

Ambrosia said...

So Miss Chellae..how have you been? What has transpired in your life since July? Update your blog for your loving admirers, please. :)