Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What We Do When We are Tired

After a super fun evening out with some of my girl friends, I ran over to Wal-Mart to get a few things. It was nearly 11:30 pm when I started home. I knew I was tired and thought it would be a good idea to get a little something to munch on in the car to help keep me awake on the drive home. So, I bought a bag of mint flavored M&Ms, which I love, love, love and you can only find at Christmas time.

After checking out, I made a mad dash to the car in the cold, fished around for the bag of M&Ms, threw my bags in the back seat, and took off for home. In the dark of my car I fumbled around to open the bag and pulled out a few. They were shaped like little moons. How odd, I thought, for a Christmas candy to take on such a shape. But it was dark and I was tired. I popped one into my mouth, fully expecting a tiny crunch of red or green candy coating and then the sweet, minty goodness of the chocolate to cover my mouth. Instead when I bit down, all I got was a hard bite and a bland taste of nothing.

Suddenly I remembered I had bought a bag of dried red kidney beans, and in my tiredness and haste to get home , I had just opened a bag of hard-as-rock red beans instead of my velvety smoothness of mint M&Ms. Arrgggg!

In the end the M&Ms did keep me awake on the way home; all of I could think of was how silly I had been and how much I couln't wait to get home to break open my green and red rounds of rich mint chocolate.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is hilarious ~ I was laughing out loud.... I had a fun time last night, we need to do it more often!

Guinevere said...

That is really funny. I was laughing out loud when I read your entry. My boys kept asking me if I was ok. I started to cry! So glad you've found us. Merry Merry!!

Christine said...

That's too funny!!

Amy Lynn said...

That is so funny! Sounds just like something I would do...except I wonder how long I would have munched the kidney beans before I noticed they weren't M&Ms??