Monday, January 14, 2008

Three Things I Love about My Two-year-old


1. He loves pockets. Sometimes he walks around the house for several minutes with his hands in his pockets. He puts trains, stray coins, cranberries, the occasional chocolate chip, and what ever he can find in his pockets. Yesterday he spent several minutes trying to put his sippy cup in a shirt pocket that is hardly larger than a quarter.

2. He laughs at himself all day long. I ought to take lessons from him...

3. He is learning to pray by himself. Today when dad asked him if he wanted to pray before dinner, he promptly started by himself saying "Heavnely Father, thankful for day, thankful for food, please bless it (he said this at least twice), name of Jesus Christ, AMEN!!! (note emphasis)."

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cutie! I saw him tackle the basketball hoop on Sunday in nusery... the hole thing fell over on him and he just laughed and said, "Whoa!" It was cute ~

Christine said...

He is so cute! I love that he loves his pockets....kids really remind me to enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

zippy said...

I remember when M was about that age, he was obsessed with pockets too! Our Lil' J--not so much. I seem to remember finding a few cute children's books at the Saratoga Library about pockets, maybe they're still there?