Sunday, January 25, 2009

Salt Lake City Half Marathon Here I Come!


I'm putting together a team (a/k/a running buddies) to run the Salt Lake City Half Marathon on April 18. If you'd like to join us, we'd love to have you. Two of my sisters are already on board and I've got another couple of people thinking about it. Here's the link to the website. They have a fantastic expert training program (for all levels from beginner to advanced) that helps you plan, track, and monitor your progress. It cost $60 for the half marathon. There is a 5k if you're looking for something more low key and a full marathon for those looking for a challenge.

Ask yourself: "Can I give more?". The answer is usually: "Yes".
Paul Tergat

Hope to see you in the top of the mountains come April!

7 comments:

mj said...

yay! i'm running it. maybe with my mom. definitely with my cousin, her two sisters, my sister-in-law and possibly my step-sister and my step-sister-in-law. is that confusing enough!? :) my sister is due next month so she'll be doing the 5k. see you there. let's definitely meet up. it's been much too long.

Kim said...

Hey Lady!! congrats on the baby! its been awhile since I have seen you!!! Thats sooo neat you are training for a marathon, i would like to be in but...I will still be in Hawaii when the party goes down:(!! good luck!!

The Merrell Family said...

Yeah!! You're running can actually be rewarded with a little excitment!! That sounds like so much fun to run with friends. I think you should put a count down clock on your blog. I know you can get it somewhere.
As for us, we won't be heading to Utah for quite some time. Say hello to the mountains for us.

Suzanne said...

Coming to Utah? Come see us.

I stinketh not!! said...

I will be out in Utah during that time! Maybe I can join ya, but I will have to get back to you on it. Not sure I will be in SL area that long. Sounds fun. All but the running. But i bet I could do it now :)

Guinevere said...

That sounds TOTALLY tempting! What a great idea. Haven't been running lately, had some surgery with more to come next week. But I would LOVE to run it with you...

Shannon said...

Good idea. I ran my first 5K last year (super big accomplishment). And then ran a second one. And then gave up running for the winter. In December I learned I was pregnant and thought I would have to give up running till next year, but I just had a miscarriage, so now I'm thinking that running would be a nice activity to focus on. I may do the 5K. And then we could catch up a little! I'll let you know.