Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Birthday Present for President Lincoln


Today is the 200th birthday of Abraham Lincoln and A thinks that is fantastic. We've been reading a beautifully illustrated children's chapter book about Abe's childhood. When I told A that it was good ol' Abe's b-day, I asked him what we should do to celebrate.

A: I don't know. Maybe we could get him a present.
Me: Oh, really. Like what?
A: Maybe a bulldozer and a crane and a book about trucks.
Me: Hum, interesting idea. And anything else?
A: And a train.

Always thinking of others. I was thinking he'd say something like make a birthday cake or something like that. We built many Lincoln log buildings in Abe's honor today. Here is a cute pictures of the boys and the Lincoln log towers.

4 comments:

Kristen Wilde said...

So cute! I love the funny things that little kids say! Those pictures are fun too.

K-Krew said...

Man your baby is growing up sooo fast. Your boys are very cute :)

Amy Lynn said...

I didn't even think of getting out the Lincoln logs in honor of President's Day. Way to be on top of things!!

What was the name of the book you were reading?

Amy Lynn said...

And boy oh boy do I have cute nephews. Can't WAIT to get my hands on them...they are both coming in April, right?