Thursday, February 12, 2009

Socks Make The Woman


I bought some new socks to wear while I run. They are heavenly. I just love them. They are Champion brand and have an extra moisture wicking property that keeps my feet from getting too hot. They also have this awesome support portion that wraps around my arches. They are so comfy. I'm now in the market for some new running shoes. Do you have a favorite brand/style?

Training update: Last week I ran six miles and cross trained on Tuesday and Thursday.

Yesterday the weather was almost 50 degrees and I got to run outside. I ran just over three miles. It is amazing how much faster I ran when I was just running sans treadmill. I had the thought when I was just finishing up that I had just run a 5K! Tomorrow I cross train and on Saturday I'll run 4 miles (on my treadmill, sigh... it will be too cold to run outside again).

My theme song for this half-marathon is the Kung Fu Panda version of Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting. Check out the lyrics below. They give you a real shot of adreniline!

Chorus:
Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting
Your mind becomes fast as lightning
Although the future is a little bit fright'ning
It's the book of your life that you're writing

You're a diamond in the rough
A brilliant ball of clay
You could be a work of art
If you just go all the way
Now what would it take to break
I believe that you can bend
Not only do you have to fight
But you have got to win

(Chorus)
Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting
Your mind becomes fast as lightning
Although the future is a little bit fright'ning
It's the book of your life that you're writing

Oooooouuhhh

You are a natural
Why is it so hard to see
Maybe it's just because
You keep on looking at me
The journey's a lonely one
So much more than we know
But sometimes you've got to go
Go on and be your own hero

(Chorus)
Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting
Your mind becomes fast as lightning
Although the future is a little bit fright'ning
It's the book of your life that you're writing

6 comments:

mj said...

i love asics. until my body decided to completely change (post leah) and they killed my back. i now run in brooks adrenalines and I LOVE them.

zeeny said...

I totally have a testimony of asics!! I can't say enough good about them. I have tried so many brands and these work for me...totally worth the extra money. R likes New Balance. I think you just have to keep trying until you find what is right for you!

K-Krew said...

Sorry no shoe suggestions YET but thanks for the sock and song ideas. I'm planning on heading back to the gym after a very long hiatus and need to buy some work-out stuff. And music always helps to distract from those darn numbers on the treadmill, elliptical, what have you ;)

Amy Lynn said...

I wear whatever is cheapest and feels best on my feet. That changes every time...but I am trying to be better at buying new shoes more frequently. It really starts to cause pain when I let them get too old!

I'm so impressed with your training! You'll be a super sleek running super star!

Christine said...

I'm amazed at what you do.

On another note - you crack me up. You just have such a knack for expressing yourself and a flair for describing things that you like, be it products, books, or people. It makes me smile and want to live my life with that kind of zest. I'm glad you love the socks!

Ambrosia said...

I love those running socks! They do feel fantastic. I really wish I was a runner though. I got them after I bought some fancy running shoes for extra support when I developed shin splints doing aerobics a year ago.

Way to slay your goal! You are incredible chick.