Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A family birthday

Yesterday was A's birthday! We had a fun little party just the three of us. I can hardly believe that two years have passed. My how my baby is growing into a little boy. He's sporting a new haircut thanks to dad and his vocabulary is exploding. We've been working on learning to pray, say please and thank you (without having to be reminded), and say "I love you." When grandma called last night to wish him a happy birthday, he said "bye grandma, I love you" without any extra proding. It's suprising what a proud moment that was for me.

As we put A to bed last night, I felt such love for him. I just wanted to hold him close and tell him how much I love him and how proud I am to call him my son. We always hear that the little spirits that Heavenly Father is sending to earth at this time are stronger and brighter than ever before. Rather than finding that an intimidating responsibility to raise a child with such potential, I actually find peace in knowing what a partner I have in my child in trying to do what is right and make a difference in the world.

We can do this! Happy brithday my beautiful bright boy!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday little man! Can you believe the boys are two??