Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Can't Wait Until I'm Eight!

Not sure if it is Easter, but I 'm guessing it is 1986, since David and I are probably on missions and Carin is probably in California.


(The above picture is my own baptism day, May 1986. I'm the one in front in the green dress with the white pinafore and the puffy sleeves)

Tonight we took our oldest child to his "Baptism Preview." This is a short fireside of sorts where all the children who are turning eight this year are invited with their parents to meet together and learn a little about what to expect on their baptism day, logistics of how to prepare, and fun things to look forward to after turning eight.

I am having a hard time getting it through my head that I have an almost-eight-year-old child. When did that happen? He is mature beyond his years and really looking forward to this special day. I look forward to it for him. There is something really special about a child who is at that transitional age where they move into understanding real accountability. I loved my years of teaching this age group in Primary. They were so anxious to be good. I always want to live my life as happily and enthusiastically as eight year olds.

No comments: