Thursday, April 11, 2013

Live Life Active

Spring means move more. And every Spring Weight Watchers launches a great challenge to motivate members to make a commitment to move more.Tonight I introduced the challenge in my meeting and got a great response. This is a great movitvator for me becuase I've had a hard time the last few weeks getting on my feet to go. I made a commitment last Thursday that I would find a race to run. I looked and didn't immediately find one that fit in my time frame. So I decided I'm going to make my own 10K. This is my public sign up to run a 10K on May 17.

The activity plan:
  1. Run Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday (Maybe Thursday, too).
  2. Do 30 minutes strength training Tuesday and Friday. 
  3. Consistently use an activity log to record meaningful data.
  4. Set a new activity goal in ActiveLink to keep me moving throughout the day, not just when I'm exercizing.  
  5. Rest on Sundays, but do take a walk with my family around the neighborhood.
  6. Try something new every few weeks (zumba?)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I won't be committing to this race with you but maybe another time :)